Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Bryce Dallas Howard Talks Raising Kids In Hollywood

Actress Bryce Dallas Howard recently spoke to People about how she and husband actor Seth Gabel are raising their kids Theodore, 8, and Beatrice, 3½, around Hollywood. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"What my parents did that was great was they exposed all of us to movie sets and making movies and the crew. We had a very deep understanding of the kind of work that my dad did. We weren’t exposed to the side of the industry that’s perceived as being more glamorous, where actors are coddled and where there’s a certain level of celebrity. We were completely sheltered from that. I think that that was a good call. I don’t walk around and have people recognize me, really; I live a pretty straightforward, simple life.

But so far so good. It’s such an awesome thing to get to travel with them and for them to get to see that my husband and I get to do creative work that we’re really excited about and we’re really inspired by. It’s really fun for us and rewarding and challenging in all the right ways. I feel really grateful for that.”

On whether or not her children will end up in show biz: 
“They’re hilarious people, [but] I don’t really know if they have a very full sense of what I do for my work. That remains to be seen. I’m not looking at them through that lens very much."

On working with father Ron Howard:
"I wish! I wish! I don’t want to offend him, but I keep saying, ‘Someone’s getting older here! And that’s me, and you’re not going to want me. Let’s deal with this now. Please, please!’ But he’s going to be making movies forever, for decades to come, and hopefully, I’ll be allowed to as well. Out of all of my dreams, I want to be working with my dad.”

On being mistaken for Jessica Chastain:
"Which only happens when I’m wearing makeup, and I look my best, incidentally. With no makeup, I look nothing like her, sadly!”

No comments:

Post a Comment