Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Amy Schumer Talks Squad Goals

People recently caught up with Amy Schumer at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards, where she talked to them about female friendships. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"I would like to join any squad that would have me as a member. I think it's really interesting that this phrasing has popped up. Like all of a sudden, it's not just your friends any more. You're a squad. It kind of makes it sound more powerful. I'm all for it."

On Hollywood's gender pay gap:
"You know me, I'm like 'let's fucking go.' When you start out, you're like, 'Oh, I just want to get a job and whatever.' And then you start to feel more powerful and you really do have something to say." 

On Roles She Would Like for Women:
"Like, them playing human beings instead of, like, caricatures from the 1920s. I want women to lift each [other] up. Get more and more powerful and understand their worth." 

No comments:

Post a Comment