Monday, October 26, 2015

Ed "Sharter" Sheeran Performs Best When He's Hungover

Ed Sheeran recently sat down for an interview, where he talked about what it takes for him to be at his best for a live performance. Page Six quotes him as follows:

“I don’t know why the best gigs I’ve ever played have been after real heavy nights. I think it’s just because you walk onstage, you’re not complacent, you’re not onstage being like, ‘Oh, I’ve done this a million times.’ You walk onstage being like, ‘You know, I’m 90 percent the human I should be, so I’ll make sure I give 115 percent.'"

On making his concert film Jumpers and Goalposts:
“I just find whenever I’m on a British Airlines flight, I always watch someone’s concert film and it’s always like, I was never really a fan of Justin Bieber, and then I watched ‘Never Say Never’ and then it made sense, so I was like, ‘Oh, oh. I get it now.’ So I wanted to make a film that I could put on British Airlines flights and have Chinese businessmen like my music.”

On Spotify:
“The Spotify thing is a weird argumen. A lot of people go on about the financial thing with Spotify and I definitely do agree with that for small artists and writers who are looking to get checks and stuff like that, but I think if you’re a big touring artist, you shouldn’t really complain about it because I can now tour all around the world doing stadiums from Spotify. I can go to Norway and Iceland and Thailand, just like random places where CD sales are not prevalent … So Spotify, for me, it works, because I am a touring act. I think that’s where the revenue should go [to new, upcoming acts and writers], but I think when you’re a big touring act, use it to your advantage.”

No comments:

Post a Comment