Sunday, August 16, 2015

Terence Stamp's Near-Fatal Set Injury

On the set of his new film Bitter Harvest, actor Terence Stamp, 77,  had a near death experience. He recounts the tale to the Hollywood Reporter:

"My horse had a habit, when I brought it to a stop, of lifting its front legs up. On my last day, I brought it to a stop but slid off the back ... I looked up and saw that this horse, which weighed half a ton, had lost its balance and was going to fall directly on me. It fell on my chest and pelvis. If it had landed any further up, it would have killed me. It broke my pelvis in six places, two ribs and ripped a tendon in my arm. I always imagined that my last thoughts would be somehow profound, but what went through my mind was, 'distinguished actor killed by horse’s arse.' If I was American I might have taken this further, but I just couldn’t be bothered."

No comments:

Post a Comment