Friday, August 21, 2015

Julia Louis-Dreyfus Talks Aging

People recently sat down for an interview with Julia Louis-Dreyfus where she talked about aging. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"I do feel the pressure. I'm not going to lie to you and say I don't feel the pressure. But I would also say I don't quite feel it the way I used to. There's a part of me that's like … 'Who gives a shit?'"

On getting a facelift:
"I haven't done that, I don't have a plan to do that. I realize as I say that it sound I'm disparaging to those who have, but I don't want to be. My point is that I'm glad to be the age I am and to have had the career I've had and am now having. It's like, 'Yeah, I'm here, I'm still doing this, and my plan is to continue to do it for quite some time.' I'm scared of surgery. I have TMJ, and I just had to have an injection into my jaw to try to make the inflammation go down and just getting that flipped me out." 

On the ageist and sexist culture in show business:
"On multiple occasions I've had to stand my ground. I've had to persevere. There have been numerous occasions in my life and my career where I've had to push really hard, harder because I'm a woman and because my point of view or my instinct wasn't being taken quite seriously enough because I was a woman and that's just a fact."

No comments:

Post a Comment