Monday, August 10, 2015

AnnE Hathaway Talks Media Backlash

AnnE Hathaway recently sat down for an interview with InStyle magazine, where she talked about media backlash. The magazine quotes her as follows, as reprinted by People:

"For a very long time I felt I was being hunted, and it made me very unhappy. But in the past few years I’ve been working on changing the script inside my head. Life’s too short to be anyone but yourself. Let the chips fall where they may."

When asked about last year's NY Times piece titled "Do We Really Hate Anne Hathaway?" 
"There is a certain type of media that trades on desperation and will paint someone with that filter if it will make them money, whether the story is true or not.That story was written by a man. Among the women I’ve worked with and met in my industry, I feel supported. There was a stretch of my life when I wasn’t comfortable being myself. I didn’t think I was good enough. So I pretended to be someone I wasn’t. To be a person in the spotlight, I pretended to be someone who could be in the spotlight. I’m so over that now. I just try to be my best self all the time, with some notable late-night lapses.”

No comments:

Post a Comment