Thursday, August 13, 2015

Alton Brown Responds to Anthony Bourdain

Remember when Anthony Bourdain gave an interview last month dissing most of the chefs on TV? Well, Alton Brown recently sat down for an interview with People, where he had this to say about Bourdain:

"I don’t have to defend my skills against anybody. I’ve got 14 years and 252 episodes of a show called Good Eats that I’m pretty sure I can use as a résumé for my skills. When was the last time you saw Anthony Bourdain actually cook anything? I’ve spent 14 years cooking my own food on television and I’ve never seen him cook a meal. I will say this: I think that [he] is probably the best writer about food. I’m jealous of his work. He pokes a lot of things and that’s fine; you have to have critics, issue provocateurs, so to speak […] I’m a fan, and the few times I’ve gotten to work with him I enjoyed it immensely.”

No comments:

Post a Comment