Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Rachel McAdams Talks Career Choices

Rachel McAdams recently sat down for an interview with Marie Claire, where she talked about her career choices. The magazine quotes her as follows, when talking about her Mean Girls success:

"I had to kind of reassess and go, 'What did I want this [success] to be, and how did I expect it to look?' I prefer to be a villainess. There's something a bit more delicious about their wickedness. At the heart of Regina George was a really angry kid who had no boundaries or guidance. [Director] Mark [Waters] told me to listen to Courtney Love really loud, and to watch Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross."

On her new role in True Detective:

"I love that she's not the girlfriend or the wife. She doesn't really care what everyone thinks; she feels no responsibility for other people's feelings. She's not trying to be charming, which isn't always the case with a leading lady. There's [usually] sort of a responsibility to be a little bit likable...Not that you want to be a horrendous character, just a little more human."

Read the full interview at Marie Claire.

No comments:

Post a Comment