Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Anna Chlumsky Talks Keeping Her Unique Last Name

Page Six recently caught up with Anna Chlumsky, where she talked about keeping her last name when she moved to Hollywood. The publication quotes her as follows:

"I should've changed it. My mother, a single mother, got me into catalog modeling as a baby. I took a long break for education and college. From Chicago, I moved to New York and got a supporting movie role. My mother said we'll change that name. I thought something like Gram or Graham so it'd sound like Anagram. But a director said, 'Can't. Too late. You're already listed in the credits.' It's difficult. People mispronounce it. As it's spelled, they say CHlumsky. No. Incorrect. The CH, like the CH in Christmas, is like a K. Correct pronunciation is Klumsky."

No comments:

Post a Comment