Friday, May 15, 2015

Melissa Rivers Speaks Out About Kathy Griffin

After keeping silent through much of the Fashion Police debacle earlier this year, Melissa Rivers has finally shared her thoughts about Kathy Griffin and the way that she left the show with Today. Page Six quotes Rivers as follows:

"My biggest complaint was the feeling that she kind of shit all over my mother's legacy in her statement on leaving. And I know that was not an intentional reading of it, but that's how I felt...by calling the comedy and they style of it old-fashioned. It was like, I understand what you were doing, you're trying to save yourself, but don't crap all over my mother to do it. We were a family, cast and crew...and we went back too soon. And just like a family, when the matriarch dies, the sisters started fighting; and someone tried to marry in -- not a great match, live and learn.. 'Fashion Police' was a little jewel and it was the last piece I had of my mother...I felt like all these people were so out of control, including the person who made the allegation about racism. They took the last thing I had and smashed it."

No comments:

Post a Comment