Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Lea Michele Talks Comedic Aspirations

Lea Michele sat down for an interview with The Hollywood Reporter ahead of the premiere of her new sitcom The Mayor. Here's what she had to say:

On distancing herself from Glee:
"Not that I would ever want them to forget the work that I did on Glee. But as an actor, I think it's really important to be able to show people that I can play different characters with different tones and different colors."

On Scream Queens:
"I knew, and Ryan knew, we all knew, that for me in particular, leaving Glee would be emotionally really hard. I think that Ryan definitely wanted to create something for me so that I could jump into something right away to really help that transition."

On her comedic icons:
"I grew up being the biggest fan of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, and these women have had such incredible careers in television and comedy, and so I wanted something that felt similar in that sort of trajectory for me."

On politics:
"I have to watch [it], because I feel like I'm quite an outspoken person, and I do need to sort of hold myself back, especially with talking about politics in general, just because I feel that it is such a sensitive subject, especially with what's going on in our world right now...I'm not the most politically savvy person. But playing this character, I've brushed up on my politics as much as possible. Although I can't even stand turning on the television anymore, it's like a circus."



A post shared by Lea Michele (@leamichele) on

No comments:

Post a Comment