Friday, August 25, 2017

Gal Godot Covers Rolling Stone

Gal Godot is on the cover of this month's Rolling Stone. Here's what she had to say in her accompanying interview:

On filming Wonder Woman reshoots and Justice League while pregnant:
"We cut open the costume and had this green screen on my stomach. It was funny as hell – Wonder Woman with a bump."

On being a feminist:
"People always ask me, 'Are you a feminist?' And I find the question surprising, because I think, 'Yes, of course. Every woman, every man, everyone should be a feminist. Because whoever is not a feminist is a sexist.' " 

On her childhood in Israel:
"I had a very sheltered kind of life. There was no TV-watching. It was always 'Take a ball and go play.' In general, I was a good girl, a good student, a pleaser, and I was a tomboy. Always with wounds and scratches on my knees."

On realizing what an opportunity it was to play Wonder Woman:
"I've had my moments where I've felt like men were misbehaving – nothing sexual, but inappropriate in a sexist way. Dismissive. Life wasn't always rosy and peachy for me as a woman in the world...[Wonder Woman] stands for love and hope and acceptance and fighting evil."

On her paternal grandfather losing his entire family in Auschwitz:
"His entire family was murdered – it's unthinkable. He affected me a lot. After all the horrors he'd seen, he was like this damaged bird, but he was always hopeful and positive and full of love. If I was raised in a place where these values were not so strong, things would be different. But it was very easy for me to relate to everything that Wonder Woman stands for."

Read the full interview at Rolling Stone.



No comments:

Post a Comment