Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Jennifer Lopez Covers Paper Magazine

As part of Paper Magazine's special Las Vegas issue, they have released three different covers, each with a different star. Here's what Jennifer Lopez had to say in her cover interview:

In your show, you say Las Vegas is the sexiest city in the world. Do you think that's true? 
"I do, I do. I think people come here to let loose and have a good time, and there's a sexiness to that. You know, it's that inhibition letting go and just having a good time."

Do you feel that way when you're in Las Vegas? Do you cut loose and let go?
"I do in my show, but the show is so demanding for me that I kind of have to stay on regimen when I'm here. The name of the show is "All I Have," so I can't be like, "Tonight you're getting half," you know.You can't do that."

Do you have favorite places you always visit when you come to Las Vegas?

"I love the shows and the food."

For someone who's never been to Las Vegas, what would you suggest they do?
"When you come to Vegas, you should come see my show, All I Have. It's the best show in Vegas, and you should come and just enjoy hanging out by the pool, shopping, eating, seeing all the great shows. It's like an adult playground. It's a lot of fun."

Your show is over two hours and you dance for the whole show --
"Yeah. I dance and sing for the whole show."

It's an amazing workout. Do you not have to do any other exercise? Or do you have to --
"No, I do. I work out in the morning. It just loosens up my body, gets me ready, keeps me strong. You know, injuries come when the muscles get weak or you over-work them. So you have to keep them strong, too."

Let's talk about your show, Shades of Blue. It's so different from All I Have -- it's so not Las Vegas. Is it a nice treat to do something where you're not so glamorous?
"I love acting, and it's funny because I do such different things, and I play in such different lanes. It's like being this character here at the All I Have show, and then being Harlee on Shades of Blue, or being in a romantic comedy, or being a judge on World of Dance. It's all different hats that I wear. And I like it. I feel like I'm always challenging myself to be better, and do better, and do different things, and to not stay stuck in one thing, and to grow. Now I'm doing a Spanish album, and I just want to keep doing different things and keep challenging myself as a creative person, you know? It makes me happy to be able to create like that and just do all kinds of different things. I think people get surprised because they always want to put you in a box, like, "Okay, she's a singer," or, "She's a dancer," or, "She's a producer," or, "She's a director." "You can't do all of these things." And it's like, "No, I can, and I'm going to. And thank you. And you're welcome.""

Read the full interview at Paper Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment