Thursday, July 13, 2017

Idris Elba Talks Looking for Love

Idris Elba recently sat down for an interview with Essence Magazine. Here's what he had to say:

On his lovelife:
"Am I ever gonna get remarried? I don't think so. Yeah, I don't think so. Marriage is an institution of sorts. And I've done it. It's not for everybody. It's not my life's calling."

On his directorial debut in Yardie:
"Yardie is quite a semi-famous bit of English literature about a small-time pastor who comes from Jamaica and ends up embroiled in [avenging his brother's death]. It's set in the late seventies, early eighties, a hotbed of Jamaican culture in London, but then crack cocaine arrives."

On relating to the main character in Yardie:
"He's a fish out of water and finds himself becoming a gangster really quickly. It's not really his life. For me, I'm making that story because A, it's a part of the reason I became a man. I was born in 1972, and that's just my era. And B, there's a big, big music component. I love music and I love film. This is my chance to marry the two."

No comments:

Post a Comment