Thursday, July 20, 2017

Andrew Garfield Clarifies Gay Straight Man Remarks

After confusing everyone last week with his remarks printed in Out Magazine, Andrew Garfield sat down with the BBC to go over what he really meant. Here's what he had to say:

"That's of course not what I meant at all. That discussion was about this play (Angels in America) and how deeply grateful I am that I get to work on something so profound. It's a love letter to the LGBTQ community. We were talking about, 'How do you prepare for something so important and so big?' and I was basically saying, 'I dive in as fully as I possibly can.'

My only longing is to serve and to keep the world spinning forward for the LGBTQ community in whatever way I'm meant to. It's important to a community that I feel so welcomed by. The intention [in my comments] was to speak to that, speak to my desire to play this part to the best of my ability and to fully immerse myself in a culture that I adore."

No comments:

Post a Comment