Sunday, July 16, 2017

Amanda Seyfried On Motherhood

New mother Amanda Seyfried recently appeared on Dr. Berlin's Informed Pregnancy Podcast. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by People:

“I’m a parent now and I appreciate things in a way I never have.”

On her daughter's name:
“I wouldn’t want you to ask me what her name is, because I wouldn’t tell you. It’s about us as a family. Our friends [know] and you know what that caused? A lot of embroidery. A lot of embroidered towels.”

On her pregnancy being unplanned:
“We knew that we wanted to be together and make a baby, but you know, sometimes things happen and it’s the biggest blessing in the world. We were so excited...You imagine these moments. Like being proposed to, and marrying somebody, walking down the aisle or having your baby and taking a pregnancy test. You imagine all these things, but when they really happen, you can’t believe it’s happening to you.”

On laboring without an epidural:
“It was a 24-hour labor, but it didn’t feel that long....I was crawling on all fours between contractions it was so bad...I just felt really excited, and really safe and really lucky that I was healthy and she was healthy.”

On her daughter's first moments:
“It was just perfect. It was quiet and beautiful, and it was the best moment of my life for sure. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. She was wonderful, she opened her eyes right away. We just connected. She connected with Tommy – that was the first person she looked at. I mean, father-daughter connection, it trumps everything.”

On breastfeeding:
“I was ready to quit about five days in because it was a searing pain and I couldn’t get a good latch...She’s getting milk and she’s gaining weight like a champ.”

No comments:

Post a Comment