Thursday, July 20, 2017

Elisabeth Moss Talks Accidental Activism

Elisabeth Moss, star of The Handmaid's Tale, recently sat down for The Hollywood Reporter to talk about the show, and how she has changed as a result of it. Here are some highlights from her interview:

On her Emmy nomination for the show:
"It's lucky number eight. But if you've been nominated seven times and lost seven times, you learn to be pretty excited about being nominated. You feel this sense of, 'Well, at least I seem to be doing well consistently.' "

On becoming an activist for women's rights:
"What I've learned is, now is not really a time to stand in the middle. You've got to pick a side."

On why she had never been vocal about these issues before:
"I guess I just didn't know anyone gave a shit about what I had to say."

On Scientology:
"It doesn't surprise me [that it's always mentioned] because I think if there was anything unusual, it would be there [in a piece about me]. So when it was my marriage and I was going through that, it was that. If something else happened to me, it would be that. And I [understand the interest], I'm happy to read about the thing that I don't know anything about, too. There's just not a lot else to explore here. I mean, my cat has asthma. It's something that we're dealing with: medicine twice a day and she gets a little inhaler. You want to talk about that?"

Read the full interview at The Hollywood Reporter.



No comments:

Post a Comment