Sunday, June 11, 2017

Tom Holland Talks Being Spider-Man

Tom Holland recently sat down for an interview with British GQ ahead of his turn as Spider-Man. Here's what he had to say:

On finding out he got the role when the news was hastily announced on Twitter to beat a leak

“I think before it looked like a leak, Marvel did a big press release to make it look like they had released it. Though obviously I’ve just kiboshed those plans by telling you! I was lucky to get the huge excitement out of the way, then have a calm, collected conversation with my new bosses.”

How Tom Holland got (accidentally) punched in the face
"Just five years ago, he went to a party dressed as - you guessed it - Spider-Man. There was just one problem. 'It wasn't a fancy dress party. It was just a regular party. And I was there as Spider-Man.'

"The real costume, he says, was trickier. Due to a head he describes as 'weirdly egg-shaped', he wore a helmet under the suit. Once the eyes were clipped in, he says, 'I could only see about five feet in front of me, with no peripheral vision.'


"It led, once, to him being clobbered by a stuntman. 'Yeah, I got punched in the face. I was supposed to dodge it and I just didn't see it coming. He cracked me in the head. He had this massive gauntlet in his hand, a big metal fist type thing, and he punched me in the face so hard, like you wouldn't believe. But it looks great! I hope they use it. It's one of those things where you stand up and you're angry, like, 'What the hell, man? You punched me in the head!' Then you realise it's entirely your fault."



No comments:

Post a Comment