Thursday, June 15, 2017

Kardashian Korner

Kim Kardashian West recently sat down for an interview with the Associated Press before her appearance at the annual Forbes Women's Summit. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

On wanting to spread a message of positivity:
“I obviously have made my fair share of mistakes like everyone else, but I hope to never repeat those mistakes, and just learn from what I’ve done. So if people, or young girls, or kids can look up to just someone that works really hard, and focuses on really what I want, and makes that happen, then you know I hope that inspires them.”

On her brand:
“The most important thing is being authentic, and listening...We’ve built this brand, and I’m so proud of it. For everyone saying I have no talent, you know, I think I wrote [on Twitter last year, when on the cover of Forbes magazine], ‘Not bad for a girl with no talent.'”

On negative comments:
“Absolutely it affects me … there could be one or two negative comments that really do affect you, and get to you. You know I’m human just like everyone else. Like things do hurt my feelings, but I think that I do have a really thick skin...They have this keyboard courage that no one will see them and they will just write whatever and hurt your feelings. I know I can handle it, but I just fear for — I do see why young kids and people and teenagers, even get … so hurt and bothered. That is what really bothers me.”

On her family's bond:
“We’ve always been a close family, but I think with everything that we go through, I think it brings us closer and closer. We’re the only ones that really understand what it’s like. You can report about it, you can talk about, but no one has really been through it, unless you are going through it with us. And luckily, we have each other. I don’t know where most of us would be if we didn’t have each other to vent to, to lean on, so I think we’ve been really blessed with a big family that all have the same core values.”

No comments:

Post a Comment