Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Charlie Hunnam Still Can't Watch 50 Shades

...and not just because it's a shit movie (by the way, there's nothing wrong with shit movies). Charlie Hunnam is interviewed in Elle magazine this month; here's what he had to say about the role that he almost played:

You were cast in Fifty Shades of Grey but backed out because of scheduling conflicts. Have you seen the film?
"I haven't. I developed a friendship with [director Sam Taylor-Johnson], but that was a somewhat traumatic experience for me. I didn't want to open that wound."

Actors often describe sex scenes as awkward. What's the truth?
"I try to be sensitive to the fact that we're doing something intimate, but also keep a clear boundary. Because I'm in a very committed relationship, and I'm also cognizant that it's not my girlfriend's favorite part of my job. It's a delicate balance to strike—to be emotionally open enough to have an experience that feels honest between two people but also maintain that it's just for the film. It's not my favorite thing to do. I'm also a germophobe."

Wait, seriously?
"Yeah. I've been profoundly germophobic since I was a young child. I don't want to kiss anyone but my girlfriend for my whole life."

King Arthur is a story about destiny. Do you believe in fate?
"Yes. I think we can affect our own fates, but there's also a powerful energy that's the universe or God or whatever your unconscious recognizes that helps along your way."

No comments:

Post a Comment