Friday, March 17, 2017

Sean Penn's Son Was On Meth

Hopper Penn, 23, recently opened up to ES Magazine about growing up in Hollywood and getting sober. Here's what he had to say:

On growing up in Hollywood:
‘Some of the kids that grow up in Los Angeles with that life, they have this impression of themselves, like they’re more important than other people. But they’re not real to me... I don’t feel like I have a Hollywood family, really. I feel pretty normal... I do remember being a little bit scared of Jack Nicholson. He’s kind of crazy. I mean I think it had something to do with the Joker, because I was obsessed with Batman. But it was also intimidating, being young and meeting these people you’re a fan of, that you grew up with. I still get weird feelings when I meet those people.’ 

On his parents' tumultuous relationship, which ended when he was 14:
‘Honestly? I was pretty mad, because they had split up before and then got back together, and then they did it again. So it was like, “Pick which one you’re gonna do”. I was young and thinking: “Are you just fucking with me and my sister?” I mean it was not the best. It was kind of tough, talking to them. Because they were both pretty broken too, I think.’

On getting hooked on meth while being a rebellious teenager:
‘I was pretty bad. I just got caught a lot doing stuff, you know? Whether it was my parents or the cops. I was doing a lot of stuff, but meth was the main one that brought me down. I went to rehab because I woke up in a hospital and my dad was like, “Rehab? Or bus bench?” I was like, “I’ll take the bed”. Thank God I got out of that because that was the worst time in my life. Because it’s not fun when it gets to a point where you just need it.’

On what's next for him:
‘Well, I wouldn’t call myself an actor, really. Or a model. On the acting side, I’ve told myself when I do four movies, then I can consider myself an actor. And then, the modelling side? I don’t know. I guess now, this campaign, this is maybe a tipping point for modelling…’

Read the full interview at ES Magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment