Thursday, March 16, 2017

Hilary Duff Talks Family Planning

Hilary Duff is on the cover of April's Redbook Magazine. Here are some of the highlights from the accompanying interview:
On having more children: 
"I've gotten over the fact that I'm not going to have a baby that's close in age with Luca. It sucked when everyone would be like, 'When are you having another?' I'd be like, "Do you know what's happening right now? I'm not having another." You get engaged: 'When's the wedding?' You get married: "When's the baby?" You have a baby: 'When's the next one?' … I'm cherishing the now. Besides, watch: I'll probably get some evil spawn of Hilary the next time around."

On dealing with mom guilt: 
"I always feel torn or guilty about something. I'm not working right now, and at first I stressed about that, like, "Oh, I shouldn't stay still this long." And that's ridiculous. I have a child; it's totally fine to not be slammed all the time. It feels really good to not be on someone else's schedule — besides Luca's. I'm basically his chauffeur!"

On co-parenting her son, Luca, with ex-husband Mike Comrie: 
"Some of my friends tell me, 'God, it must be so nice, you get a break from your kid because you share him.' I'm divorced, and it sucks. Well, it did suck for a while; now it's just normal. But it's true, I do get a break. I had Luca by myself for a few weeks, no help, when Mike was on the road, and when he got home I was like, 'He's yours! Bye!'"


On the dating scene: 
"I never think being single sucks until I go out in L.A. with my girlfriends and the options are terrible. I really attract the old men!"

A post shared by Hilary Duff (@hilaryduff) on

No comments:

Post a Comment