Thursday, March 16, 2017

Leave Richard Simmons Alone

Everyone is still on the lookout for the now-reclusive Richard Simmons, and more and more people in his life are speaking out to defend his right to privacy. His brother Lenny Simmons recently sat down for an interview with Entertainment Tonight; here's what he had to say:

"I talked to him on Sunday, he was doing great. He was asking about our renovations to our home. And we had just gone to see the Broadway musical, Beautiful. We talk every Sunday. He calls me and we have a great conversation and then he talks to my wife. He probably talks to my wife longer than he talks to me."

On Richard being content to be out of the spotlight:
"After all those years, I don't know how he did it. He was on 24/7, at least. ...People were always calling him and he was always good enough to want to talk to them...My brother certainly deserves his vacation. I certainly cannot fault him for wanting to do that. I would just hope people [can] be a little bit more respectful and realize that he's worked hard and he still loves people -- but he needs some time for himself."

No comments:

Post a Comment