Monday, May 9, 2016

Selena Gomez Talks (Lack of) Squad

Selena Gomez recently sat down for an interview with Entertainment Weekly, where she opened up about her Revival tour. Here's what she had to say:


You’re part of a very famous squad. Will you have a parade of special guests at your shows like your pal Taylor Swift did?
"I made a joke about this [when] Taylor was in the room, and she looked at me like, 'You should totally do that!' I was like, 'I can’t have all those people come on my stage!' She’s like, 'Why not?' Because I’m not Taylor Swift!'"

You could totally do it.

"I think I have a different everything about me. I’ve worked for my whole career, and I’ve always wanted it to be about that. I’ve been in so many situations where it’s like, 'Oh, you’re friends with this person? You’re with that ­person?' All this credibility shit that drives me crazy. I love being able to work with other artists I admire, but I have a lot to do on my own before I am willing to make it all about embracing other people."

You’ve been Instagramming from the studio. Will we hear new music on this tour?
"Absolutely. I’m in rehearsals during the day and in the studio at night. You hit those points in your life where you’re super inspired. There are waves: Even when I recorded Revival, I took a two-month break because nothing was coming to me. But right now I’m running with it."

Does this mean we’re getting a new album this year?
"Hopefully! It’s going so well, and I know it’s not even remotely close to being done, but I’m going in all different directions and feeling it out. If it’s great, I’m not going to hesitate to release it."


No comments:

Post a Comment