Monday, May 9, 2016

Kristen Bell Opens Up About Anxiety and Depression

Kristen Bell recently opened up about anxiety and depression in an interview with Sam Jones. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

“I’m extremely co-dependent. I shatter a little bit when I think people don’t like me. That’s part of why I lead with kindness and I compensate by being very bubbly all the time because it really hurts my feelings when I’m not liked. And I know what’s not very healthy and I fight it all the time.”

On depression and anxiety:

“[My mom’s] a nurse and she had the wherewithal to recognize that in herself when she was feeling it and when I was 18 said, ‘If you start to feel like you are twisting things around you, and you feel like there is no sunlight around you, and you are paralyzed with fear, this is what it is and here’s how you can help yourself.”

On the stigma surrounding mental health:
“If you do decide to go on a prescription to help yourself, understand that the world wants to shame you for that, but in the medical community, you would never deny a diabetic his insulin. Ever. But for some reason, when someone needs a serotonin inhibitor, they’re immediately crazy or something.”


No comments:

Post a Comment