Friday, May 13, 2016

Julianne Moore Talks Love of Acting

Julianne Moore recently sat down for an interview with Net-a-Porter's The Edit. Here's what she had to say:


“I like [acting] more the older I get, and that has surprised me, because I’ve always been waiting for the other shoe to drop, the day I’ll be like, ‘I don’t want to do this anymore!’ But instead, it’s more compelling to me. I like the act of figuring it out, I like learning things... Like right now, I’m playing a character who is deaf, so I’m learning about deaf culture and learning some very rudimentary sign language, and that’s exciting to me...So many actors come from these peripatetic backgrounds; it makes you adaptable and observant. You have to be observant as an actor, you have to really know people – the way they dress, the way they move, the way they talk... That’s how you know, ‘OK, well, I’ve got to do it like this.’”

On raising her kids away from Hollywood:
“A couple of years ago I got an award, and they did one of those film clubs. My kids came and they had seen one or two of my movies, but they hadn’t seen them all, and they were shocked! Shocked! First of all, they were shocked that I had done so many movies, and then, that I seemed to be doing these outrageous things.”

On her personal style:
“I love clothes, but I wish I was a more imaginative dresser; I’m better at interiors. I admire people who are able to do it easily, it takes me a lot of thought...Jeans, clogs or Birkenstocks and a cropped Margiela sweatshirt. I like to wear things that I can move in, because I’m always trying to get somewhere, taking my kids someplace, going to a meeting…”

On her red carpet style:
“I love the Chanel dresses I wore to the Oscars this year and last year. Everything Riccardo Tisci has made for me has been beautiful, all those Givenchy dresses. And the things that Tom [Ford] has made for me... Going way back, when he was at YSL, he made a strapless green dress for me that was really spectacular.”

No comments:

Post a Comment