Monday, April 25, 2016

Drew Barrymore Reflects on Failed Relationships

Drew Barrymore recently sat down for a Q&A with Good Housekeeping's editor in chief Jane Francisco. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Us Weekly:


"I'd go to [Nancy Juvonen] about relationship advice and I’d be like, 'I just don’t understand why this keeps happening! … I mean, this is exactly what happened last time. It’s just like every single time.' She's like, 'I did notice that there’s a common denominator problem in all of your relationships and I’d like to identify it right now.' And I’m like, 'What!? I’ve been waiting! Show me the light!' She's like, 'It's you.'

I used to think, What a girl after my own heart. Happiness is a choice. I love it. I am such a hippie and she is too. And then I called her 22 years later, crying, and I was 39 and she’s fortysomething … and said, 'Oh my God, Nan, I just got it … that happiness is a choice. It wasn’t the word happiness, it was the word choice. It's that you choose to be happy all of the time. That's what it is.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment