Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Amy Schumer Covers Vanity Fair

Amy Schumer appears on the cover of this month's Vanity Fair. Here are some of the highlights from her interview:

On her packed work schedule:
“I love all the things that I’m doing, but that all my time is accounted for? I’m not Joan Rivers, where I’m like, ‘A full calendar is happiness.’ I would love to do nothing, like waking up and not knowing what you’re going to do that day. The other day I was so overwhelmed I left work an hour early and I just went and watched Labyrinth on my sister’s couch. It was a big deal in our house growing up. It holds up. I mean, the movie’s weird, but it just felt so good to just lay there, while it was still light out, and watch a movie.”

On always wanting to be a performer:
“As soon as I could make expressions, I was trying to make my parents laugh. My sister and brother liked to play characters that already existed, like Snow White, but I liked to make up my own characters, and I’d walk around as that character in the house, and people would address me as her. Madame Lavitchky was a big one. She was a fortune-teller. I would wrap my head and turn a glass vase upside down and I’d give readings to everyone, very dramatic. Like ‘Your husband’s going to die at war.’ Crazy shit.”

On finding out about the shooting that happened in a Louisiana movie theater during a showing of her movie Trainwreck:
“I was laughing before I called [my publicist] back [after seeing "a million" missed calls from her], because I thought it was going to be like a sex tape [had surfaced] or something. So I was kind of laughing, like ready to … And then she told me there had been this shooting. It really … I don’t know. It’s like when the Dark Knight shooting happened, and in Paris. The idea of people trying to go out and have a good time—you know, like looking forward to it?—I don’t know why that makes me the saddest. So my publicist told me. And then I put on the news. I was by myself in a hotel, and I was just like, I wish I never wrote that movie ... I just felt helpless and stupid.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment