Thursday, April 28, 2016

Dakota Johnson Talks Fame

Dakota Johnson recently sat down for an interview with Interview Magazine, where she was interviewed by Chrissie Hynde. Here are some highlights from their exchange:

HYNDE: "I had to kiss someone for a video once, and I was totally freaked for days, weeks—it was like getting a shot. He was a good-looking guy, too. Gary Stretch, the prize fighter. He's an actor in Hollywood now, but it didn't matter, you know? It was excruciating. So you've got to pretend to have sex with someone? Or, I don't know, maybe you're actually doing it. But in front of a whole camera crew..."

JOHNSON: "Well, we're not having actual sex. But I've been simulating sex for seven hours straight right now, and I'm over it."

HYNDE: "That's what happens when you have pedigree. But that's kind of old hat now. That's not really a big deal anymore, is it, to have famous parents?"

JOHNSON: "I guess. I don't know. The kids that I grew up around ... but I never really identified with any of them. I have one friend who I'm very close with, my friend Riley Keough, whose mother is Lisa Marie Presley. But other than that, I don't have very many pals who are ... I don't know. I kind of stayed away from it all."

HYNDE: "These days, everyone knows someone whose dad was in a band or whose mother is a model. It's just the way it is."

JOHNSON: "It does kind of seem that way. Nothing is really precious anymore. Like, the mystery is gone." 

HYNDE: "And you can keep the mystery. I remember when I met you, I asked what you did, and you said you were an actor. I said, "Why did you say actor instead of actress?" Do you remember what you said to me? You said you weren't very comfortable saying either yet because you were still kind of finding your feet."

JOHNSON: "Ah. That still feels accurate to me. I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing. Like, I'm unsure of what my life will be like. I mean, I have such an obsession with making movies that I probably will always do that. But sometimes my life can feel so suffocating, and then it can feel so massive, like I don't have a handle on it at all, and I don't know where it's going or what I'm going to do. Right now, I'm known for making movies. And I wonder if that's it. I don't know. It doesn't feel like it to me."

Read the full interview at Interview Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment