Friday, March 25, 2016

Simon Cowell Talks Career Highs and Lows

Simon Cowell recently sat down for an interview with Billboard Magazine, where he reflected back on some of his projects. The magazine quotes him as follows:

On joining America's Got Talent as a Judge:
“There’s obviously way too many reality shows on TV, and a lot of them won’t last. As with anything, if you don’t listen to the viewers, you’re dead. As soon as our shows go on the air, we’re hit with a barrage of information from social media. You think I’m honest? Christ almighty, are they honest on social media. And I like that. I like to do things that make a lot of noise...Here’s why I’m not depressed: Our only competition now is one show. Everything else is gone.”

On The Voice:
“As much as I sulked about it -- I still do, actually -- you have to understand why it worked. The Voice feels very modern. I’ve never been a fan of artists judging artists, but the panel works so well. They have perfect chemistry, as we did on Idol when it started...I get irritated if I watch it. It’s like going ’round to someone else’s house and swimming in their pool. I’d rather swim in mine.”

On the breakup of One Direction:
“Whenever I was with them, we talked about it, and I couldn’t argue with them. They had achieved so much in a short period of time, and I didn’t want them to get jaded. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve learned to trust people more, particularly artists. They’ll decide when they want to come back together. I don’t know if it’s a hiatus or a breakup, to be honest. In a weird way, I don’t want to know. I don’t think they’ve had enough time to experience what it’s like not being in the group to really answer that.”

On learning to do baby talk to son Eric:
“I kept saying to Lauren, ‘I don’t think he likes me.’ I wasn’t getting a reaction. Then one day, it clicked.”


No comments:

Post a Comment