Monday, March 21, 2016

Gwen Stefani Talks Divorce and New Album

Gwen Stefani recently sat down for an interview with Time Magazine, where she talked about her divorce from Gavin Rossdale, and her new album. Here's what she had to say:

On her split:

“I don’t feel like I have anything to be ashamed of. I’ve done nothing wrong. I don’t feel like I have anything to protect about myself. But when you’re a mother, you have to have some boundaries.”

On her new album:
“I started going in with different people, but it felt kind of man’s world-y. Like, ‘Wow, we’re excited you’re here, but we’re going to do everything.’ [They weren’t] open to my ideas."

On working with Julia Michaels and Justin Tranter:
I just said to them when I walked in: ‘I don’t know who you guys are, but I just want you to know that I’m not here to do anything but use my gift, and I want to say the truth.' I was calling ourselves The Breakfast Club because it was such a weird combination of people... [Tranter] wanted to work with me for two years—no one would let him. Somehow I ended up in the room with a super fan. [Michaels] has a way of raising the bar really high because she hates everything. I kept asking, ‘God, why is this girl here right now?’ But it was meant to be, and the chemistry between all of us was so amazing.”

On the label saying the album was too personal:
“They really knocked the wind out of me. I was feeling like, ‘Wow, you don’t understand, I’m channeling God, this is saving my life.'”


No comments:

Post a Comment