Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tom Ford's Daily Routine

Fashion Designer and filmmaker Tom Ford recently sat down for an interview with Mr. Porter's The Journal, where he talked about his daily routine. The publication quotes him as follows:

"I get up and make myself a gigantic iced coffee. I then answer emails and work until about 6 a.m. Then I will head upstairs and have a second giant iced coffee and lay in the bathtub. I don’t like warm drinks of any kind. I lay in my bathtub with a bendable straw in my coffee and no lights and only one candle lit. I love that time in the morning when no one else is awake, and I’m alone, and then I can slowly come to life.”

Then on to the office for a sushi lunch:
“My assistants think I don’t like people who eat. It’s true I don’t like to see or smell food in the office. But I don’t like the staff to leave the office, either. I’ve never actually seen anyone here eat. Perhaps they eat under their desks when I’m in here doing interviews.”

Ford has been sober since 2004, and ends most days watching TV in bed by 10 p.m.



No comments:

Post a Comment