Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sandra Lee Is Cancer Free

Sandra Lee recently stopped by Good Morning America to talk to Robin Roberts, and update everyone on her health. Page Six quotes Lee as follows:

"The last time I came and I shared with you some very bad news. But this time I’m coming to share with you that my doctors have said I am cancer-free."

On her Emmy dress:
"I couldn’t wear it because I was a little bit too big on top, then I turned my mess, as you say, into my message and I got to wear that plunging dress. I just want to say it doesn’t matter if you’re a DD, which I was, or an A, which I am. Women are not just about their boobs, which is a statement I was making when I wore that dress.”

On waiting to decide about reconstructive surgery until February:
“I don’t want anything to mess up my Super Bowl.”

On why she has been so public about her cancer fight:
“[The New York Times had] a front-page article about how to deal with DCIS and/or early stages of cancer and how you should have a wait-and-see approach, which is absolutely ridiculous. Why we would consider negotiating with cancer is beyond me. It’s like a terrorist that lives inside your body and we’re going to wait and see what it does? We know what it’s going to do...It’s only respectful to ourselves and to their work and what they gave up for us to get our tushies in there and get it diagnosed and then cut it out and take care of it."


No comments:

Post a Comment