Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Ryan Adams Talks Making Taylor Swift Cover Album

Ryan Adams has just released his full-length cover of Taylor Swift's 1989. The musician recently sat down for an interview on Beats 1 Radio, where he talked about making the album. People quotes him as follows:

"I've always been interested in Taylor's music. A lot of those songs are pretty flawless, they're so well written, they're so clean. I don't know why I had this idea. I was going through a sort of difficult time in my life. I got back to L.A., it was around Christmas time. I was totally bummed out and I bought a four-track cassette recorder. And I was like, 'I'm going to make 1989 like Nebraska style. Bruce Springsteen Nebraska. Just acoustic guitar, bunch of spring reverb, just me. I spent maybe a week and a half learning the songs on the periphery. I started to get the general idea and that's when I started looking at the lyrics and was like, this is gonna be insane."


No comments:

Post a Comment