Monday, September 21, 2015

Bellamy Young Talks About Her Adoption

Scandal actress Bellamy Young recently sat down for an interview with People, where she opened up about her adoption. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"I was adopted, so I was in foster care for six weeks. We only had two lines on my dad and a paragraph on my mom. It said she loved to sing, so my mom who raised me would find any way to let me perform...When I went to join the Screen Actors Guild, there was already an Amy Young so I had to register under a different name. I tried to become Susanna or Violet or something fabulous, but it just didn't feel like I could carry the ruse off. My first [adoptive] dad died when I was 15, and his best friend, Bill, did all the dad stuff with me, so I did a mushing of our names. I felt like I could get away with it because I'm Southern." 

On Scandal:
"[Creator Shonda Rhimes] came around afterward and told everyone what their arc would be for that first season. She got to me, and I was so happy. Then she told me she thought I'd be in about three episodes. She wanted to write a presidential divorce. I died inside when I heard that. But I kept a smile on my face and showed up to work every day. At some point, they decided it was fun to write stuff for me. I'm having such a good time. I don't want it to ever end." 

No comments:

Post a Comment