Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Rose McGowan Talks Departure From Acting

Rose McGowan recently sat down for an interview with Nowness, where she talked about her departure from acting. The site quotes her as follows:

"I woke up one day and realized I hated acting, and that I’d always hated it. Imagine, it's predominantly men whose scripts get done, so it was mostly a male voice coming out of my mouth for 15 years...The body shaming that goes on in America is absurd. Recently at a museum there was this woman behind me looking at a nude sketch of a man, and she said she’d never let her child around that, and I turned to her and said, 'Oh really? Would you like your child to first see a penis when it’s erect and coming at her?' I don’t want to do this kind of thing, but I feel like I have to, to stimulate change."

Watch McGowan's new very NSFW music video below:


No comments:

Post a Comment