Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Taylor Swift Talks Girl Friends

Taylor Swift recently sat down for an interview with Vanity Fair, where she talked about her group of friends. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"When you’ve got this group of girls who need each other as much as we need each other. In this climate, when it’s so hard for women to be understood and portrayed the right way in the media... now more than ever, we need to be good and kind to each other, and not judge each other—and just because you have the same taste in men, we don’t hold that against each other. We even have girls in our group who have dated the same people. It’s almost like the sisterhood has such a higher place on the list of priorities for us. It’s so much more important than some guy that it didn’t work out with. 

If you look at Oprah, she’s made so many people happy over the years. She’s made so much money, but she’s given so much of it away... Same thing with Angelina Jolie. She’s been so productive, but she’s used that position to better other people’s lives, and I think that’s where I’d want to be. That was the way that I decided to go on with my life. Not looking for anything, not necessarily being open to anything, and only being open to the idea that, if I found someone who would never try to change me, that would be the only person I could fall in love with. Because, you know, I was in love with my life."

Read the full interview at Vanity Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment