Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Gwyneth Paltrow Passes The Buck

Gwyneth Paltrow recently sat down for an interview with Fast Company, where she talked about the term Conscious Uncoupling. The publication quotes her as follows:

"I always like it when there's a big response to something because it tells me, 'Oh we've touched a nerve here, this is really interesting. There are a lot of media companies that would die to have the kind of response that we get from our content. When I announced that I was separating on the website, [editorial director Elise Loehnen] titled the piece 'Conscious Uncoupling' and I had no idea. When something like that happens, I think everybody is like, 'Oh, shit.' I just tell them that I think we are creating interesting discussions. 

I do think a lot of the misperception comes from people who haven't actually gone on the site, because a lot of the things you see or hear, we're like, 'We never said that, never wrote that, that's not the price point, or this was totally out of context.' It seems that when people really engage, they understand who we are and what we're doing. I think it was a lot of idiot savant-ness. I really wasn't aware, from a trending perspective, where the Internet was going, or what was going to happen -- that newsletters would become something that everybody did. I sort of just got lucky."

No comments:

Post a Comment