Sunday, August 30, 2015

Joe Manganiello Talks Working Out

Joe Manganiello covers this month's Muscle & Fitness magazine. Inside, he talks about his conditioning program. The magazine quotes him as follows:

"We have these massive sets. There’s a moment when there’s going to be 10 sets. And I’m on set 5 or even set 4, and I’m done. My body is starting to quit, I’m having a minor league panic attack in my brain because I can’t visualize doing the next rep, let alone the next set, and I want to quit,” he said. “And I think, ‘What am I doing this for? I don’t have a movie coming up that I’m training for specifically.’ And that’s where you’re going to grow. That’s the spot. That’s when you crack the pit, if you will. And that seed is inside.

There’s always going to be somebody bigger than you in the gym and somebody else skinnier than you. You’re always going to be right in the middle — unless you’re me. I was the absolute skinniest. I was the one who couldn’t do one dip or one pull-up. And even if you’re that person, there’s still hope for you. So just get in there and get to work.”


A photo posted by Joe Manganiello (@joemanganiello) on

No comments:

Post a Comment