Thursday, September 3, 2015

Anthony Bourdain Gives His Opinion On Things

Anthony Bourdain recently sat down for an interview with People in order to promote his new graphic novel Get Jiro: Blood and Sushi. But we'll skip to the fun part of the interview, where Anthony Bourdain give his opinion on things. The magazine quotes him as follows:

On cooking with his 8-year-old daughter:
"Anything where there’s knife work and she can touch meat, she’s really into it. She takes the piss out of me a lot. I’ll say, ‘Honey, will you clean up that stuff on the floor?’ and she responds, ‘Why don’t you ask your fans!’ She is in no way impressed by my presence on TV. She thinks Alton Brown and Andrew Zimmern are much more entertaining.”

On Alton Brown:
“A major father-daughter activity around our house is watching Cutthroat Kitchen. I don’t want to get on his bad side. [Alton Brown]’s a god to my daughter. [For her birthday], a friend and I competed against each other, and the kids were given little grade cards to ruin our lives as we tried to cook dishes under a time limit.”

On Guy Fieri:
“I tell jokes about Guy Fieri. The day you can’t tell jokes about Guy Fieri, comedy as we know it is dead. I tell jokes about those guys; it’s what I do.”

On Pumpkin Spice:
I think pumpkin spice is disgusting. I certainly don’t want it in my coffee. I like pumpkin just fine. I like pumpkin pie. Pumpkin tortellini. I make a decent pumpkin soup. But I can’t think of the last time I woke up in the middle of the night and thought, ‘You know what? I could really go for some pumpkin.”

On Pumpkin Peeps:
“I’m really happy for whoever sits around eating pumpkin spice marshmallow, but does it make the marshmallow better? That’s often a useful question with food.”

No comments:

Post a Comment