Saturday, July 25, 2015

Rebecca Gayheart Talks Parenting

People recently caught up with actress Rebecca Gayheart, wife of actor Eric Dane, at a charity event in Los Angeles. The actress is quoted as follows, when talking about trying to raise her children to be charitable:

"Every kid deserves to have back-to-school clothes, backpacks, diapers, car seats [and] cribs. To me, it’s insane that in America there are children going without those very, very basic essentials and it breaks my heart. Anything I can do to help, I will. My mom’s point of view was, ‘You always have more than someone else and you can always help someone else. It didn’t matter how much we had, you could always help someone. I’m doing the same with my daughter. Hoping to role model for her and to give her a sense of, that’s not something special you do, that’s just a part of life. You are a giver. That’s your duty."


On her family's daily routine:
“We wake up, we all make breakfast together. We’ll have impromptu dance parties or we’ll just go throw a blanket on the yard and lay in the yard and read books in the morning. The morning is really nice to start my day off that way. I feel like, ‘Okay, if we start the day off together, connected, relaxed, the rest of the day will fall into place,’ and it usually does.”

No comments:

Post a Comment