Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Rita Wilson Has Breast Cancer

Rita Wilson recently opened up to People about her recent breast cancer diagnosis. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"I have taken a leave from the play Fish in the Dark to deal with a personal health issue. Last week, with my husband by my side, and with the love and support of my family and friends, I underwent a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction for breast cancer after a diagnosis of invasive lobular carcinoma. I am recovering and most importantly, expected to make a full recovery. Why Because I caught this early, have excellent doctors and because I got a second opinion...I was relieved when the pathology showed no cancer. However, a friend who had had breast cancer suggested I get a second opinion on my pathology and my gut told me that was the thing to do. A different pathologist found invasive lobular carcinoma. His diagnosis of cancer was confirmed by, yet, another pathologist. I share this to educate others that a second opinion is critical to your health."

Read her full statement at People.

No comments:

Post a Comment