Friday, October 7, 2016

Fashion and Beauty Tips From Posh Spice

Victoria Beckham sat down for an interview with Net-a-Porter's The Edit. Here's what she had to say:

On aging:
“I don’t think you realize how important [a healthy lifestyle is] until you get older. You realize how vital it is to wear sunscreen; to drink lots of water; to cleanse, tone, moisturize; take vitamins; make sure you’re eating the right food. I eat lots of good fats, in avocados, nuts, seeds, salmon... I see a dermatologist in LA, called Dr Harold Lancer, who is incredible. I’ve known him for years – he sorted my skin out. I used to have really problematic skin and he said to me, ‘You have to eat salmon every single day.’ I said, ‘Really, every day?’ And he said, ‘Yes; breakfast, lunch or dinner, you have to eat it every single day.’ I’ve also started seeing [nutritionist] Amelia Freer. I’ve learned so much about food; you’ve got to eat the right things, eat the right healthy fats. I usually get up about 6am, do a bit of a workout, get the kids up, get them changed, give them breakfast, get them to school, then do a bit more working out before I go to the office. And to do all of that, I’ve got to fuel my body correctly.”

On makeup:
“I am someone who really enjoys makeup; I’ve worn makeup for a long, long time and collected it for many years. At my first meeting with Estée Lauder, at my house in LA, I had an entire dining-room table full of products I’ve collected over the years – colors that I have made up, things that have been discontinued – and I went through everything. I told them about things I liked, things I didn’t like, and what I couldn’t find in my makeup bag, because I truly believe there is a lot of product that every woman needs that actually isn’t available, whether it’s the right pigments in an eyeshadow or the perfect nude lip. I think Estée Lauder were really quite surprised at how much I knew about the subject.

Makeup is like clothes; it can really give you confidence. Though it’s nice to look like you haven’t made too much of an effort sometimes, I still think it’s good to look pulled together and make the best of what you have. Most of the time, when people claim to have just woken up [looking effortlessly beautiful], they’ve actually spent more time on themselves than someone who looks overly done.”

On empowerment:
“I think you have to [empower] yourself, rather than rely on other people to do that. It’s great to get a compliment from your husband, or your kids, or another woman, but you also have to make yourself feel good, and that’s why I think makeup is so great, because it can do that for you. I’m really proud of everything I’ve achieved, but I haven’t done it on my own – I have great people around me; I have a family that really supports me. I couldn’t do any of this if it wasn’t for David; he is such a supportive husband and someone who inspires me so much. His work ethic is incredible, and he is the most fantastic husband and devoted father.”


No comments:

Post a Comment