Monday, December 18, 2017

Lenny Kravitz is Very Single

Lenny Kravitz recently sat down for an interview with Mr. Porter. Here's what he had to say:

On his idols of aging:
“One day, I was recording with Mick [Jagger] in my studio in Miami and we were in the kitchen on a ‘caviar break’ because, you know, Mick likes to have caviar and champagne for a break. And Denzel [Washington] came over – he’s my big brother – and we realised that we were all born a decade apart. So there’s this little club that I have. It’s like, OK, I’ve just watched my boy Denzel go through this, 10 years ahead of me, and my other boy, Mick, is 20 years ahead of me.

Mick can outperform a 20-year-old. The Rolling Stones’ stages are huge. I’ve performed with them, and you don’t realise how much he is doing when you see him going back and forth and back and forth for two-and-a-half hours. So if you take care of yourself, [age] doesn’t matter. You can have two Porsches in the garage from 1964. One’s beaten up and one looks like it just came off the showroom floor.”

On his homes:
(He now spends his time between Paris – in a stately mansion once built as the US embassy, bedecked in chandeliers and marble in a palette of white, black and gold – and an Airstream trailer on the tiny island of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. It is here that he lives for months on end while recording at Gregory Town Sound, the glass-walled studio and analogue heaven he built.) “I love [the Airstream]. It’s like a womb. You can’t have clutter in there, so you break it down – very few clothes, very few things – and you realise how little you need. My Paris home is my opulent fantasy. But I don’t have it for the sake of showing off. ‘Oh look at this.’ No, I have it because I design. So it’s really a workshop and showroom for me as well as home.”

On Prince:
“We definitely felt a sort of kinship, you know? Somehow Prince affected me most deeply. It really rocked me. He passed and it’s horrible, but he really did his thing to the fullest. And I felt like if I had passed, my story is incomplete. I mean, music-wise, I’m not even close. It really made me refocus.”

On his current relationship status, and whether or not he's been single all these years:
“No, I’ve been with people you don’t know about. I keep it on the down low. I’ve been like really, really single for the last few months. I’m keeping it that way. They were the people for that time. Great love, great growth. But I’m waiting to meet that person. I’m waiting for the soul partner, the wife.”

Read the full interview at Mr. Porter.

A post shared by Lenny Kravitz (@lennykravitz) on

No comments:

Post a Comment