Friday, December 22, 2017

Fast Food Tips From Ina Garten

Ina Garten recently sat down for an interview with the Today Show, where she was asked about fast food. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by People:

“I have to say I don’t eat fast food at all, with one exception. When we’re in California doing book tours, we always have to go to In-N-Out burger. It’s so good and I know it was Julia Child’s favorite too, so it’s okay.” 

And on what she would have for her last meal:
“It’s gonna be a hot dog at Frenchie To Go in Paris. It’s unbelievable. Maybe with french fries, since it’s the last meal.”

On her biggest cooking inspiration:
“I would have to say that Julia Child’s my biggest culinary inspiration because she really taught me how to cook through her cookbooks. I learned how to make hollandaise sauce the right way, and then she showed me how to make it the quick way without losing any of the quality.”

On what she likes hearing the most from her fans:
“The thing I like the most is when people stop me and say, ‘You taught me how to cook.' Because I’m not a trained professional chef, I think I really understand how hard it is for someone who’s working and has kids and friends and houses to take care of to actually find the time to make dinner. It’s not easy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment