Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Robert Guillaume Has Passed Away

Emmy-winning actor Robert Guillaume has passed away at the age of 89 after a battle with prostate cancer. He is best known for playing Benson, first on Soap, and then on its spinoff Benson, which ran from 1980 until 1986. Guillaume won two Emmys for the role. Guillaume suffered a stroke in 1999 on the set of Sports Night, the critically acclaimed Aaron Sorkin series. In a 2008 interview, Guillaume stated, "I was fortunate in the sense that the stroke I suffered was not so debilitating that I could not move around with some degree of regularity. My wife Donna suggested to Aaron that perhaps we could incorporate the stroke into the series and he agreed … it allowed me to come back and not pretend that I had not had a stroke." Guillaume is survived by his second wife, TV producer Donna Brown Guillaume; one son (another died in 1990); and three daughters. Read his full obituary at The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment