Monday, October 23, 2017

Amy Adams on Versatility

Amy Adams was recently profiled in the New York Times' T Magazine. Here are some highlights from her interview:

On being called a "late bloomer":
“Cool. At least I bloomed.”

On her early career:
“I would go into auditions and it would be me and three model versions of me, and I would never get the job. I always thought it’s an ‘it’ factor and I just don’t have ‘it.’ ”

On her manager's advice that helped her overcome self-doubt:
“You get to decide what you want to be. You get to decide that, Amy.”

On her breakout role in Catch Me If You Can:
“It’s not like I had a beautiful gown with him walking down the steps of the Titanic. [A studio later referred to me as] 'Oh, the homely girl from ‘Catch Me if You Can.’ I can’t blame anything other than I did not do my best at that point. I don’t think I inspired confidence.”

On learning to balance work and family life with husband Darren Le Gallo and daughter Aviana:
“I had to learn how to shut the door when I walk off the set. It’s hard and it doesn’t always work, but more often than not it does now...We’ve realized we can be happy in an apartment in Detroit or a house in Hollywood or a hotel room. It’s a good feeling, but I’m protective of it — very protective.”

Read the full interview at the New York Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment