Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Marriage Advice from Kristen Bell

Kristen Bell was recently asked about her marriage by Us Weekly; here's what she had to say:

 "Our marriage took a lot of work, takes a lot of work. I don’t think people realize. It is not easy to work around another human being, but if you commit to it, you can pretty much permanently respect that person, but then it doesn’t really matter if you disagree because you still respect that person. But on a daily basis, he just makes me laugh all the time. He’s obsessed with attention, so he’s constantly making jokes to try to get me to give him more attention or to get me to giggle. And you know, he was a stand up comedian, so I’m living with a comedian.

I do disagree with him on 90 percent of the issues on the planet. But we have really wonderful, intense valued conversations about things, and I always see his point, even if I disagree. It’s hard to do."

On the importance of understanding her husband's perspective:
"It’s all about contempt. Never roll your eyes at someone. You might as well break up right then because its contempt. I’m telling you — I disagree with him on almost everything, but I have intense respect for his critical thinking skills and the fact that we were raised differently. I always see his point. I do not and will not ever have contempt for him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment