Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Budget Beauty Tips from Gwyneth Paltrow

In today's reading from the gospel according to Goop, Gwyneth Paltrow recently sat down for an interview with Elle, where she talked about her budget beauty picks. Here's what she had to say:

You've said you used to just splash water on your face to wash it–how has your nighttime routine evolved?
"You know, I was very much a tomboy for a long time, but as I start to get older, I realize I better actually try to preserve what I have and I better be a little conscientious about my regime. So I wash my face every night; I do the instant facial, the replenishing night cream, the eye cream."

What beauty advice would you give yourself 20 years ago?
"Probably not to smoke cigarettes."

What are the most luxurious, and then the most low key, parts of your beauty routine?
"I think the most luxurious is when I get a facial–microdermabrasion and oxygen facials.  That's when I really pamper myself and give my skin a good workout. There's not one place I go to, I really chop and change. I like to try different people, different things. As for most low key, I take a bath every night in regular epsom salts from the drug store Dr. Teal's, which is great for skin and purity of skin and relaxation to get all the energy of the day off."

What are some beauty lessons you've gotten from your mother [actress Blythe Danner]?
"I think the most important beauty lesson I've learned from my mom is to be happy in what you do. She's so fulfilled by her art and she's just beautiful. She's really in her element when she's on stage and it's really inspirational to see someone who feels so much themself, you know, it's a really beautiful quality."

Read the full interview at Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment