Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Ladies Love Charlie Hunnam

Charlie Hunnam recently sat down for an interview with Glamour UK, where he talked about his target audience. Here's what he had to say:

“Our key demographic on Sons Of Anarchy was predominantly female. And King Arthur is appealing in the test screenings much more to women than men – so I feel that even though I play hyper-masculine roles, I’ve always been well-received by the female audience.”

On Hunnam's King Arthur:
“There’s definitely some swagger. We didn’t shy away from making him unlikeable in the beginning of the film, but hopefully you start to see him go through his process of self-exploration and realise where a lot of his swagger comes from. It’s just covering up his own perception of his inadequacies and demons, so you start to feel for him.”

On leaving behind his character Jax from Sons of Anarchy:
“It was actually quite emotional for me, living and loving that guy for eight years, to have to finally put him to bed. I found myself going back to set a lot. I knew the security guards and for a couple of days said, ‘Oh, I forgot something’, so they’d let me onto the set, and I’d just walk around at night because I wanted to be in that environment and go through a personal process of saying goodbye. After a couple of nights I didn’t really need the alibi to get in, and then after a while I just said, ‘OK, enough, this is done.’”

On the effect that living in Los Angeles has had on him:
“Enormous emphasis is put on nutrition and healthy lifestyle there. I never spent much time or energy thinking about nutrition and health when I was in the north of England.”

Read the full interview at Glamour UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment